If you find yourself feeling anxious or tense when working on your business, here are few things you can do right now.
Having a business can mean more money but it also can mean more stress in your life.
What if in your strong desire to succeed you end up spending more time working on your business than with your family? That can produce guilt which can then turn into stress.
What if you just spent several hundred dollars on a marketing campaign that produced very little in return – well that can produce stress too.
Business can be fun, but you have to realize that there’s going to be some bumps in the road. And if you fail to address or deal with these stressors it can have a negative impact on your business and in your life.
Before you go down that road, here are five simple things you can do right now to help you deal with your stress:
1. Remove the stress – This is the first important step. What is causing you anxiety? Is it a client? A customer? Someone in your downline? A business relationship or other relationship? If you’re in a position to remove the stressor out of your life, then by all means this is where you should start.
This is a great quote from great marketer Dan Kennedy, “If I wake up three mornings thinking about you and I’m not having sex with you, you’ve got to go!” And that pretty much sums it up.
2. Do relaxation techniques – Right when you’re feeling tense or stressed take some time away. If you’re working on your business, take a break. What helps is to do some deep breathing or even some meditation. One of my favorite meditation videos is this one below:
3. Work in smaller time increments – If you find yourself either stressed that you can’t stay on track or get things done, or if you find that you’re not making efficient use of your time, consider working in 30 minute increments.
This tip I learned from famed Internet marketer Stephen Pierce. You can either buy an egg timer or use an online timer (this is what I use).
4. Make a schedule and stick to it – In addition to having the times you work your business on your schedule, you can also add on there the times you will take breaks, have meals, etc…
This schedule will make sure that you’re getting in enough time for yourself.
If you neglect yourself, you will no doubt put a strain on your business and your other relationships.
5. Listen to music – You can listen to relaxing music in the background as long as it is not too distracting. Music helps sets the tone and can help put your mind at ease.
Stress can rob you of your time, money, business efforts, and even your relationships if it’s not dealt with. You don’t have to suffer another day if you just take the time and do at least one of the tips I listed here.
Your partner in success,